Our monthly meet-ups in Calgary, Alberta are one of our most successful programs and one that we are very proud of. Members of the BFF team lead a group conversation about trauma and healing. Participate actively or simply as a listener, as these are safe spaces to connect with BFF and the greater trauma and healing community. Learn from other people’s experiences and watch as the magic of those “me too” moments unfold. Our twice-monthly meet-ups alternate locations, check each date for the specific location. Entry to BFF Meet-ups is FREE, but donations to BFF are always welcome. Updates about meet-ups can also be found on our Facebook page (be sure to subscribe to our updates).
- Wednesday, November 7th | 7:00-8:30 pm | Hosted by Serenity Now Wellness | 1934 – 9 Avenue SE
- Wednesday, November 12th | 7:00-8:30 pm |Hosted by The Commons | 1204 – 20 Ave SE
- Wednesday, December 5th | 7:00-8:30 pm | Hosted by Serenity Now Wellness | 1934 – 9 Avenue SE
- Wednesday, December 12th | 7:00-8:30 pm |Hosted by The Commons | 1204 – 20 Ave SE
Important: Breaking Free Foundation meet-ups are primarily volunteer-run, and while we provide a safe space for conversation to take place, we do not employ licensed therapists on staff, and therefore we cannot provide counseling to any participants before, during or after the meet-ups. We are there to facilitate a safe conversation, and share our own experiences. If you feel you need support following a meet-up or between our monthly events, we recommend reaching out to one of these great local organizations:
- Distress Centre Calgary: 24-hour crisis line, 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse: 403-237-5888